I agree to and consent to receive news, updates, and other communications via email from Lithium Ionic. I understand that I may withdraw consent at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in all emails from [email protected].
Lithium Ionic is committed to advancing its projects while ensuring the well-being of the planet, the people, and the company. Our goal is to grow sustainably and responsibly by managing environmental and social risks and adhering to the highest Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) and safety standards.
In Q2 2023, Lithium Ionic began using Onyen Corporation's ESG software to efficiently manage and monitor its sustainability reporting. This platform helps to capture, monitor, manage and report ESG risks and opportunities to ensure reporting accuracy to governments while fulfilling the requirements of international sustainability agencies such as SASB, GRI and TCFD, who are driving ESG frameworks and policies.
The environment is at the core of Lithium’s mission. Our goal of developing a commercial-grade lithium operation is motivated by our commitment toward helping nations achieve net-zero emissions.
As a mining company, we understand that our work will at times disrupt the environment. While the effects of mining activities on the environment are inevitable, Lithium Ionic is committed to minimizing its ecological footprint and reducing its carbon footprint through sustainable mining practices.
Our flagship Itinga Project in Minas Gerais state, Brazil has access to renewable hydroelectrical grid power, a notable feature of the project’s location. Itinga is also situated close to Jequitinhonha River, which will provide the Company with a reliable source of water that can be recycled during extraction.
Further, the Company’s exploration and appraisal programs are governed by regulatory bodies. We strictly comply with environmental legislation that restricts and prohibits spills, releases, and emissions of various substances produced as a result of exploration, development, and mining operations.
- 100% of our administrative office in Araçuaí is powered by hydroelectricity.
- Studies related to our Environmental and Social Impact Assessments are currently underway.
- Waste segregation at our on-site headquarters in Nova Lima, Brazil
- Harness hydroelectric power as our electricity source on site
- Evaluate the results of the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment and create an action plan to preserve local ecosystems.
- We intend to increase our proportion of non-hazardous waste recycled in the future and are currently exploring different recycling possibilities, with a particular focus on agriculture.
Lithium Ionic is a non-discriminatory workplace. We seek to create a diverse and inclusive work environment, with visible minorities comprising more than 50% of the Company’s management team. We employ equitable practices in every facet of our business.
Our company is dedicated to ensuring the health and safety of all our workers, including employees and contractors. As such, a daily “Safety Dialogue” is in place at our project site for employees to exchange experiences of incidents or potential accidents in order to continuously improve its safety procedures and minimize such occurrences. We foster a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity, and we have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to any form of harassment or violence.
Moreover, we believe that sustainable mining practices can have a direct positive impact on the host country and local communities. To this end, we are committed to advancing our project honestly, transparently, and in cooperation with the regional governments and impacted communities.
- Work Safety Dialogue on-site
- Continually building upon our community action plan to create meaningful initiatives that benefit the region. Such projects include the planned construction of a bridge in José Gonçalves, Araçuaí, as well as the ongoing renovation of two churches in the Barreiro Community and the Barra da Barriguda community that began in 2023
- Lithium Ionic funded a 5 months’ supply of oxygen to São Vicente de Paulo Hospital in 2023
- Lithium Ionic prioritizes local procurement whenever possible – currently, 65% of our procurement comes from local suppliers.
- In July 2023, Lithium Ionic signed an MOU with local government authorities, “Invest Minas,” outlining its committment to supporting regional employment by using local suppliers and talent wherever possible throughout the exploration, construction, development and operational phases of the projects.
- Establish local training programs to encourage more citizens to take part in the project.
- Increase safe-workplace training.
- Increasing the proportion of women on-site and at our corporate office
- Continue to create meaningful community building initiatives and shared value opportunities with local citizens.
At Lithium Ionic, our management team leads by example, establishing a culture of trust and transparency. Lithium’s comprehensive approach to governance guides the company to operate with honesty, integrity, fairness, and responsibility.
The Company adheres to a strict Code of Business Conduct and Ethics to ensure that all persons who are a part of or involved with the Company operate according to the highest standard. The Code outlines the Company’s rules and expectations surrounding abuse, violence, discrimination, illegal activities, conflicts of interest, and unethical behaviour.
- Corporate policies in place e.g. Code of Business Ethics and Conduct, Anti-Bribery Policy, Whistle-blower Policy
- Reporting our ESG programming with the ONYEN platform.
- Meet the strict guidelines of the Canadian Stock Exchange.
- Provide un-bias training to employees to ensure an equitable and inclusive workplace.
- Continue to use ONYEN platform to disclose ESG progress and reports to our investors.
- Establish an ESG Strategy Policy